Here is a really simple recipe that we can prepare in no time.
Use it as a topping for flat bread, eat it with roast potatoes and salad, or top it with a spoonful of Greek yogurt and pair it with wilted greens.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground mastic or miske
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the chicken into thin strips and place them in a bowl.
- Combine all the spices with the chicken and olive oil. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 1 hour or even better, overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, heat a heavy based pan and fry the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes. Because it is cut thinly, the meat will cook quickly; beware of overcooking as it will be it dry and rubbery.
- Serve and eat immediately.