Fig and Sesame Tart Spicy Roast Chicken
- 3 eggs
- 130 g soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 75 g butter
- 165 g plain white flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon and more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 14 Medjool Dates, stoned
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Butter and flour a 28 cm cake tin and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar until soft and creamy.
- Add a dash of cognac and incorporate the butter.
- Sift the flour and fold it into the mixture with bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Add milk and stir to mix.
- Chop the dates roughly and combine them into the batter together with the hazelnuts.
- Butter the cake tin and dust it with flour.
- Transfer the batter into the tin. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool before turning it out.
- Optional: add 2 to 3 tablespoons of honey over the hot cake and sprinkle with more cinnamon.