Lebanese Jeweled Rice Seville Orange Curls – Murabba Al-busfeir
Bulgur Wheat, Chickpea, Date and Persimmon Salad
- 200 g / 1 cup fine burghol
- 8 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g / 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 1 persimmon or khaki fruit, quartered
- 3 sprigs of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 6 dates, halved
- Rinse bulgar wheat in water, strain and leave for 30 minutes to expand.
- Dress wheat and chickpeas with lemon juice and 8 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add oregano, salt and black pepper.
- Delicately pile the grain salad in a shallow dish.
- Arrange the khaki quarters and date halves on top, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.