Baked Potato with Garlic and Feta Cheese – The Video
6 medium potatoes
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon oregano
6 tablespoons olive oil
100 g feta, crumbled
- Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the pan and run under cold water.
- Grease an oven proof oven with oil.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and arrange them into the greased dish.
- Mix the rest of the olive oil, with the garlic, herb and pepper, and drizzles over the potatoes. Place the dish in a preheated oven at 180ºC and bake for 20 minutes.
- Crumble the feta cheese.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, scatter the cheese over the potatoes, and return to the hot oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serves hot.
5 to 6
Lebanese Jeweled Rice
- 200 g /1 cup minced meat (beef, lamb or a mixture of both)
- 250 g / 2 ¼ cup basmati rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 500 ml water
- 2 tablespoons white raisins / sultanas
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- For the garnish:
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons peeled almonds
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt
- Take a wide based pan. Chop the onion finely and fry for about 5 minutes on medium heat in 2 tablespoons olive oil until translucent and soft.
- Increase the heat, and add the meat making sure that it is spread across the pan. You want the meat to be seared on one side before turning it over to cook it on the other side.
- Add all the spices and the salt to taste, and stir to mix into the meat.
- Add the cranberries and raisins.
- Transfer to a deep pot.
- Stir the rice, into the meat and spice mixture for 1 minute.
- Add water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and leave on a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile coat the nuts with oil and sprinkle them with salt.
- Place on oven tray and toast in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC or 360ºF for 7 minutes.
- When the rice is ready, transfer it to serving dish and garnish with the toasted nuts
- Serve hot.
- The rice can be re-heated either in a microwave or add a little water and place over the lowest heat.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!