Burghol Pilaf with Roasted Cauliflower Walnut Kibbeh
- 350g plain white flour
- 350 g sugar
- 120 g pumpkin, roasted and ready
- 4 large eggs
- 150 g butter, melted and little more for buttering the tin
- 25 g vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground star anise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Beat sugar and eggs until creamy and a whitish colour
- Add the spices.
- Melt the butter over low heat and slowly add it to the mixture while still beating. Add the oil.
- Mix flour and baking powder separately and fold into the mixture.
- Butter and lightly flour a 11.1/4 inch, 2.4 litres Bundt cake tin.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 minutes or until the surface of the cake is firm and springy.