- 3.25 litres pomegranate juice or about 10 kg pomegranates
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Peel the pomegranate and remove all the white skin and pith.
- You can either press each batch in a sieve placed over a bowl with metal pestle or in a juicer if you own one.
- Transfer the juice to a large deep pan, add sugar, lemon and salt and stir to dilute.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and leave on a simmer for a couple of hours until reduced to syrupy consistency.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!