Butter Beans and Blood Orange Salad Garlic Scape, Rocket and Pistachio Pesto
Sfoof – Yellow Aniseed cake
- 350 g flour
- 100 g fine semolina
- 350 g caster sugar
- 150 ml olive oil
- 75 g butter
- 250 ml water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon aniseed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the flour, turmeric, baking powder in a large bowl.
- Place the sugar in a pan and dissolve in water over low heat. Add aniseed and butter. Stir to melt.
- Remove from the heat, leave to cool and allow the aniseed to infuse, for 5 minutes.
- Incorporate the olive oil.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and use a balloon whisk to stir and help rid of lumps. The texture quite runny at first, will thicken as it is being mixed.
- Butter an ovenproof dish or 28 cm diameter cake tin and pour the batter in it.
- Garnish with pine nuts.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.